The Government of India has started a new scheme called Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana ( RSBY ) to protect the rights of the unorganized sector of India.
The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme will benefit the people working in the unorganized sector.
This article explains the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme in detail and describes the procedure to apply for the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana online. You will also know the details about eligibility criteria for RSBY, features of RSBY and benefits of RSBY.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
The Government of India launched the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana for the betterment of the condition of the unorganized sector of India.
Benefits Of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
Below are some of the benefits of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana:
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana provides health benefits to all of the beneficiaries.
- The government of India provide an insurance cover of up to Rs. 30 thousand for treatment of people from the unorganized sector.
- Central Government and the respective State Government jointly pay for Medical insurance cover.
- The government pays up to Rs.750 per family per year as the premium amount to the families of the beneficiaries of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- Government authorities will issue smart cards for the smooth functioning of the scheme.
- Cashless treatment will be provided to the poor families at any of the empanelled hospitals located across the country.
Eligibility Criteria for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
To get the benefits of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, a candidate has to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- People who belong below poverty line (BPL) category households are eligible for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- Applicants whose names are included in the district BPL list created by the government are eligible for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- Workers from the unorganized sector are eligible to apply for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme.
- People from the following category can apply for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme-
- Construction worker (registered with the Welfare Boards)
- Railway porter
- Sanitation worker
- Domestic worker
- MNREGA worker
- Rickshaw puller
- There is no age limit to apply for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
Incentives Under RSBY
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme beneficiaries are entitled to the following incentives
- Hospitalization expenses: Rs 30,000 incentive per year will be provided to the beneficiaries of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme to waive off the medical bill.
- Transport expenses- Transportation expense of Rs.100 per hospitalization subject to a maximum of Rs.1,000 per year will be provided to all of the beneficiaries.
Enrollment Process for RSBY 2020
Follow the procedure given below to enrol all of the beneficiaries in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme:
- The insurer will be provided with an electronic list of eligible BPL households.
- An enrollment schedule for each village, along with dates will be prepared by the company.
- The BPL list will be posted in each village at the enrollment station which will include all the important dates.
- Local centres in each village will have mobile enrollment stations.
- Mobile enrollment stations will collect all of the details of the beneficiaries.
- The beneficiary will have to pay the fee of Rs. 30
- Important information along with the smart card along will be provided on the spot.
- The list of households that have been issued smart cards will be sent to the state nodal agency.
- This list of enrolled households is maintained centrally and is the basis for financial transfers from the Government of India to the state governments.
Process to utilise the services of RSBY
To avail the services the applicants must follow the following step by step procedure:-
- Visit the official website or the hospital.
- Visit the RSBY help desk.
- Verify the identity.
- Help desk assistant will check the list of pre-specified packages.
- The appropriate prescribed package is selected from the menu.
- If the procedure is not in the package list, the pre-specified cost of the procedure is deducted from the amount available on the card.
- At the time of the discharge, transportation expenses of Rs. 100 is also paid by the hospital authorities.
The hospitals need to send an electronic report to the insurer/ Third Party Administrator (TPA) after the hospital has paid for the transport and medical bills of the beneficiaries. After successful verification, the Insurer or the TPA will go through the verification information and make the payment to the hospital within a specified time period.