Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana for giving crop insurance to farmers. Under PMFBY Scheme, govt. gives insurance coverage and financial aid to farmers in case their crops get wrecked due to heavy rain, natural calamities, hailstorms, pests and infections.
Farmers can report crop loss, calculate premium amount, apply online and track application status for PM Fasal Bima Yojana at the official website (pmfby.gov.in)
Read the article further for knowing Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Details.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana was inaugurated on 18 February 2016 by the Department of Agriculture & Cooperation and Farmers Welfare subsidiary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2020 attempts to support sustainable production in the agriculture sector and to give financial support to farmers who are mourning from crop loss and damage occurring out of unforeseen circumstances. PM Fasal Bima Yojana is anticipated to stabilize the income of farmers to assure their persistence in farming.
PM Fasal Bima Yojana will motivate farmers to acquire innovative and modern agricultural techniques.
Additionally, PMFBY Scheme will guarantee the flow of credit to the agriculture sector and will contribute to food security, crop diversification, enhance growth and competitiveness and will also safeguard farmers from production threats.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2020 premium amount was assigned to 2% for Kharif crops & Oilseeds crops, 1.5% for Rabi crops & Oilseeds crops and 5% for annual commercial / horticultural crops.
Various phases of crops risks leading to loss including plantation risk, standing crops, post-harvest losses and natural calamities are encompassed under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2020
- All the farmers including sharecroppers and tenant farmers who grow the notified crops in notified areas are eligible for PM Fasal Bima Yojana
- Farmers must have insurable interest for the notified crops.
- PM Fasal Bima Yojana would be optional for the non-loanee farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Online Registration
- Visit agri-insurance.gov.in to enrol as a farmer in the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2020.
- Open “Farmer Registration Page” and fill all the basic details such as name, complete address (including the village, gram panchayat, block, district, and state)
- Fill the land and bank details so as to collect the PM Fasal Bima Yojana amount directly into the bank account.
- Fill the complete form and click on “Submit”
- An application number will be generated. Farmers can use the number for tracking, modifying or printing their application in future.
In Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2020 many natural risks and post-harvest losses are taken care of to guarantee that no farmer is alone in a time of pain.
Under PM Fasal Bima Yojana, govt. will make use of easy and smart technology through phones and remote sensing for rapid estimation and quick settlement of claims.Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is being executed through the multi-agency bracket assigned by the insurance companies under the across-the-board guidance & supervision of the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW), Government of India (GOI).