Civil Defence Services (CDS Exam 2020) examination will commence from 8 November 2020, CDS registrations are open from 5 August 2020. Civil Defence Services examination recruits officers for Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA)
Interested candidates are required to register through www.upsc.gov.in and scroll down to the examination column which will redirect to the form.
Recruitment details for CDS exam 2020
|Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun||100 |
(63 reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate of Army Wing)
|Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala||45|
(6 reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate of Naval Wing)
|Air Force Academy (AFA), Hyderabad||32|
(3 for NCC ‘C’ Certificate of Air Wing)
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||225|
[(i) 171 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 04 vacs for JAG(Men) (NT) October 2020 Non-UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCCSpecial entry Non-UPSC]
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||16|
Eligibility criteria for CDS exam 2020
- Candidate applying for CDS Exam 2020 must be born between July 1994 – July 1999
|Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun||Graduate (from a recognized university)|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala||B.Tech or B.E. (from a recognized university)|
|Air Force Academy (AFA), Hyderabad||B.Tech or B.E. or a Degree (with Physics and Maths in 10+2 level) (from a recognized university)|
Legal criteria for CDS Exam 2020
- Candidate applying for CDS Exam 2020 must be an Indian Citizen
- Candidate applying for CDS Exam 2020 must be an Indian migrant before 1962
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) with an intention of permanent settlement can apply for CDS Exam 2020
Physical criteria for CDS Exam 2020
- Male: 157.5cms (157cms for Navy and 162.5cms for Air Force)
- Female: 152cms
- No tattoos on any part of the body
- No diseases or disability
- No deformities or abnormalities
Mental criteria for CDS Exam 2020
- Mentally fit as per UPSC guidelines
- No previous history of mental breakdown
Syllabus for CDS exam 2020
English, General knowledge (graduation level) and Elementary Mathematics (matric level)
Also Read: CUCET 2020 dates
Application form for CDS exam 2020
- Apply on the official website. Here is the link to the website: www.upsc.gov.in
- Scroll down to the examination column which will redirect to the form.
- Fill the details viz. demographic details, choice of preferred field, scanned copies of the required documents.
- Verify the details.
- Generate a user id and password.
- Pay fees via Debit/Credit card or SBI Netbanking.
- Select the exam centre.
- Upload Signature and Photo.
CDS Exam 2020 Entrance Exam
The entry is bifurcated into 2 parts
- Written Exam (8th November 2020)
- SSB Interview (5-6 days long procedure)
Written Exam: 3 papers of English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics
SSB Interview: Series of various Intelligence and Personality tests which test IQ, Mental ability, Mood, Character etc
Exam Pattern for CDS exam 2020
- Time allotted: 2 hours
- Medium: Hindi/English
- Sections: 3 (English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics)
- No. Of Questions: 100 each section
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark and each negative answer deducts ⅓ mark.