The UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India, the issuer of 12-digit personal identification numbers under the Aadhaar scheme, offers a variety of services online. With the help of these services, you can now quickly check aadhar card status online for updated information. Through its “self-service portal,” the UIDAI recently enabled users to update their address, verify Aadhaar number (UID), email address or mobile number registered with Aadhaar, and lock or unlock the biometric information associated with the Aadhaar, among other facilities. While the address can be updated online using the UIDAI portal, for changing any other details, one needs to visit an “Aadhaar Kendra” (Aadhaar center).
Below mentioned are ten things you should understand about updating the details in Aadhar card:
- As per UIDAI’s recent updates, all aadhar holders are now authorized to make changes in their aadhar card details regarding address, phone number or any other general information using an OTP verification though the individual’s registered mobile number. Also, you can make these changes by visiting UIDAI’s self-service update portal- ssup.uidai.gov.in.
- Mobile registration is must now for using online Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP) for making updates. If in case the mobile phone is not registered than the user need to visit the nearest permanent enrolment center with supporting documents.
- Subscribers need to upload a self-attested copy of the scanned image of the original Proof of Address(PoA).
- Now Aadhar can be updated in different languages – Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- With the successful updates in the Address updates request, the aadhar user will get a URN(Update Request Number) in this format: 0000/00XXX/XXXXX. You will also get an SMS on your registered mobile number which usually tracks the status of Aadhar updates.
- If in case, the card holder don’t have documents for validating aadhar card details, then the holder can submit a request for an address validation letter as this letter contains a secret code for verification of Aadhar.
- For other updates such as demographic details (name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email) as well as biometrics (fingerprints, iris, and photograph) in Aadhaar, users are required to visit permanent enrolment center.
- Also for updating mobile number in Aadhaar’s database, Aadhar users are required to visit the permanent enrolment center.
- For updating Mobile Number, Aadhar users need a biometric authentication at aadhar center only. User can visit either an independent Aadhaar center or one located in either a bank or a post office – in person.
- You can check your aadhaar history with your registered Mobile number. This updates can be any update relating to name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile, or email id. Users can log on to UIDAI’s official website “uidai.gov.in” to view Aadhaar update history.